With the rise of E-Commerce in any industry and segment the next big thing is cross border E-Commerce.
What is cross border E-Commerce about? Basically it is about selling into another country.
What are the opportunities and challenges when selling to China?
The team of Chinawechatting.de discussed this together with the international law firm TaylorWessing at the macromedia Hochschule in Hamburg.
China Digital and WeChat insights at macromedia Hochschule Hamburg
To enter a new market and to sell with success you need to
- Know your target group and adjust product, price and marketing campaigns
- Know the relevant players for E-Commerce and
- Understand where the search traffic goes to
- Understand the investment costs and setup time of different platforms
- Understand the legal implications
Based on those there are different ways to enter the market.
If you decide to go full scale with TMALL etc or are on a tighter budget – if you want to play in China you need WeChat.
- It is where consumers are, they listen and they buy
- Ideal to build your brand
- Take the next step and generate e-commerce revenues via wechat
Over 80% of Wechat users do shop online. But more interstingly. 30% of all WeChat users do shop on Wechat. That are over 250 million consumers. For example,60% shop for apparel – and spend 32% of their total online spending for apparel on WeChat.
To best leverage and grow followers…
- You need an official account
- You need Content & Emotion
- You need Advertising & Key Opinion Leaders
- You need promotional campaigns
- You need a WeChat E-Commerce
Conclusion – What WeChat offers
WeChat is #1 social media in China with 800m+ Users
- Use WeChat to target your Chinese audience
- create your brand in China
- generate E-Commerce revenues
Get in contact with us to discuss more deeply how you can enter the chinese market.
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Kontaktanfrage über Webpost – Cross Border E-Commerce in China’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Tel’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]